Here's what we have planned for the car for now:
- Tint - we'll tint the car to the Virginia legal limit of 50% on the front windows, 35% for the rear sides and rear.
- Wheels/tires - We've got some very clean VMR 701 19" (8.5" and 9.5" wide) wheels with Hankook Ventus Evo tires (235/35R19, 275/30R19) waiting in our showroom. We'll put those on the car once the snowy weather is behind us.
- Suspension - The car already sits on Sport Package springs and shocks, and I honestly don't think it looks that bad in terms of ride height, nor am I unhappy with the handling or ride. I'm inclined to leave the suspension alone for now.
- Intercooler - An upgraded intercooler will go on.
- Downpipes - I've already got a pair of downpipes for the car.
- Cat-back exhaust - In the near term I'm going to leave the stock cat-back exhaust on to keep the car quiet. We'll post some numbers and see how much power we can make through the stock mufflers.
- ECU - We'll either do a reflash or a piggyback system. I'm leaning towards the CP-E Standback system since it will give me the ability to tweak the tune myself.
- Sound system - I really am not happy with the stock stereo system. There's NO bass, and it's really muddy-sounding. I don't want to spend a fortune on it, but I'm going to at least install an amp and some upgraded speakers. Probably a small sub in the trunk, too.
- Exterior - I really like the clean lines of the car, but we might install a small lip spoiler on the front. Maybe one of those little rear windshield-top spoilers, too. Actually, if I could get my hands on a salvage M3, I'd swap on the M3 front fenders and bumper. Call me if you have one...
So that's the current modification plan. Of course, like any plan, this one will change. Watch this space as we go about the modifications.